Wednesday 7 November 2012

Presentation Reflection

Looking back on the presentation on Tuesday, retrospectively I see many ways I could have improved it. As always more time always allows for more resolved outcomes, but seriously, I think it's difficult to encompass this sort of project in the space of 6.40 minutes. There is so much research that goes into the building of the scenario its difficult to bring an outsider like a guest critiquer into the same mind frame as the tutor and myself.
Apart from that I think a little more preparation in the writing and practising of my speech would have resulted in a more understandable and succinct presentation as I did become out of sync with my slides and the nerves had me stumbling a little.
Resolution and readability of some images were rushed and this came down to time and difficulties with my computer program of choice (3Ds Max). A number of times the program 'crashed' and renders failed and it got to the point where it was most important to produce out put images whether they were high quality or not. I just needed something to help me explain and describe the scenario and the solution I had come up with. 
The feed back I received I felt was fair and mostly positive, the negative points were ones I was mostly already aware of. But again touching on those points didn't make the 'cut' in the final presentation due to time constraints. 
The good thing about keeping a blog is that you have a record of your design decisions and its easily accessible so those few points you skip or skim over in the presentation you can see where they came from and why ultimately you produced your final design in this way.
I leave this course feeling optimistic about the outcomes of this final design hoping that I managed to impart my hopes and ideas for the future of Brisbane and the World, to my tutor, the guest critiquer and my fellow students.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment